Every year, for the past 5 years, NAWF has awarded exceptional women who have left a solid mark on society and contributed to the better of the collective, guided by astrong sense of social responsibility, each in their own field be it philanthropy, politics, media, business, arts…
What a better way to start the New Arab Woman Forum than by honoring leading female figures from the Arab world.
NAWF 2012 introduced the “Woman of the week” initiative taken as a conscious effort to applaud and recognize the success of women. more...
Ms. Mona Khazindar, Director General, Institut du Monde Arabe
- HE Ms. Layla El Solh Hamadeh, Deputy Chairman at the Walid bin Talal Foundation in Lebanon
- HE Ms. Suhair El Ali, Member of House of Representatives in Jordan
- Ms. Raghida Dergham, Columnist and Senior Diplomatic Correspondent at Al Hayat newspaper
- Mrs. Mona El- Harawi, Former First Lady of Lebanon
- H.E. Mahinur Ozdemir, Member of Brussels Regional Parliament, Brussels
- Dr. Suhair Al Qurashi, Dean, Dar Al-Hekma College, KSA
- Mrs. Leila Othman, Writer, Kuwait
- H.E. Mrs. Bahia Hariri, Minister of Higher Education, Lebanon
- Princess Nouf Bint Faisal Bin Turki Al Saud, Chairwoman, Nayara Group of Companies, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Received by H.E. Mrs. Bahia Hariri)
- H.E. Dr. Hanan Ashrawi, Chairperson of the Executive Committee, The Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy- MIFTAH, Palestine
- HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein
- Sheikhah Soad Al Humaidi, Kuwait.
- Mrs. Fatima Obeid Al Jaber, UAE.
- Mrs Al Juwhara Bint Mohammad Al Anqari, Saudi Arabia (received by Ms. Lama Suleiman).