Under the High Patronage of the First Lady of Lebanon, Mrs. Wafaa Sleiman
NEW ARAB WOMAN FORUM
Unlocking the Potential of Arab Women Entrepreneurs
1-2 March 2013
At a time of unprecedented change and upheaval in the Arab world, the sixth session of the New Arab Woman Forum takes a positive view forward to consider the role of Arab women as entrepreneurs, and how it can be promoted and encouraged as part of the overall empowerment of women in the region.
Under the main theme “Unlocking the Potential of Women Entrepreneurs” the Sixth Forum, held under the High Patronage of the First Lady of Lebanon, Mrs. Wafaa Sleiman, will consider and discuss ways of promoting, developing and supporting the spirit of entrepreneurship among Arab women, especially at the level of micro, small and medium sized enterprises and in rural areas, and how this can help create employment opportunities and contribute to sustainable and inclusive socio-economic growth and development.
Main topics on the agenda of the Forum include:
- Women’s entrepreneurship as a contributor to employment opportunities.
- Policies and initiatives to support entrepreneurship and to improve the environment for their activity.
- Funding and supporting micro, small and medium sized startups: the current situation and what needs to be done.
- Entrepreneurship education and training.
- Learning from regional and international best practices to boost entrepreneurship among Arab women.
NAWF is organized by Al Iktissad Wal Aamal Group and Al Hasnaa Magazine. For the sixth year, NAWF will bring together a distinguished group of speakers and participants from both genders from the Arab world and internationally, including ministers and senior public officials, business leaders, social entrepreneurs, experts, journalists, NGO heads and many other personalities.